UM, the place to be!
UM is a world-class educational institution, dedicated to training innovators and leaders, from Bachelor to PhD. At UM, we give great importance to the quality of teaching and research, and we give theory a place to meet practice.
LMD System (does not apply to the medical thematics: medicine, odontology and pharmacy)
The university curriculum follows the LMD system, which divides higher education into 3 diplomas:
- Licence (Bachelor’s degree, 3 years of Higher Education)
- Master (Master’s degree, 2 years after Bachelor’s degree)
- Doctorat (PhD, 3 years after Master’s degree)
In 2014/2015, there were about 43 000 students enrolled at the University of Montpellier, getting involved in a dynamic environment where they can access any kind of study:
- 2 domains:
- Science – Technology – Health
- Law – Economics – Management
- 772 diplomas:
- 73 Bachelor and Professional Degrees
- 21 Technical Degrees
- 10 Engineering Degrees
- 143 Master Degrees