The “Montpellier University of Excellence” project gathers the forces of 19 institutions towards a common ambition: create in Montpellier a thematic research-intensive university that will be internationally recognized for its impact in the fields of agriculture, environment and health. For all its consortium members, this university strives to act as the academic partner they can establish strong ties with, and on which they can fully rely.
Three major societal challenges
With significant scientific concentration in the Montpellier area in the fields of Agriculture, Environment and Health, MUSE brings together a scientific, institutional and economic community to address three major intertwined challenges that are consistent with the U.N. 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Paris Agreement on climate change: Feed – Protect – Care. These three challenges encompass all disciplines:
- FEED : promoting innovative agriculture to contribute to food security and environmental quality
- PROTECT : fostering a transition towars an environment-friendly society
- CARE : improving human in changin environments
Governance, education, research, innovation, international policy and student life: the entire MUSE academic and scientific community is mobilizing in all academic fields to build the university of tomorrow:
- An international strategy based on opening up towards Southern countries and developing strong ties with leading universities in the fields of “MUSE” clusters;
- Major efforts to increase internationalization of curricula, to foster innovative education and to create a real sense of belonging for students;
- Promote an “Open-University model” by opening the university to business for a greater impact on society.
6 Excellence laboratories
- AGRO : Plant of agronomic interest
- CEMEB : Centre for Environment and biodiversity
- Chemisyst : Chemistry of molecular and interfacial systems
- ENTREPRENDRE : Law, economics ans management specialized in entrepreneurship
- EPIGENMED : from genome ans epigenome to molecular medicine
- NUMEV : digital and hardware solutions and modeling for the Environment ans life sciences.
5 key initiatives MUSE
The Key Initiatives MUSE are thematic and transversal actions that seek to establish MUSE identity in its territory and to promote synergy between research, education and the economic sphere.
5 Key Initiatives MUSE have been identified and launched: