Since its establishment the University of Montpellier has participated to around fifty European projects through the Erasmus + program. This program contributes to the achievement of a European Higher Education area by pursuing several objectives, which are the followings :
- improving quality and strengthening the European dimension of Higher Education ;
- increasing mobility of students, teachers and academic staff ;
- strengthening multilateral cooperation ;
- transparency and recognition of the acquired qualifications ;
- the internationalization of European Higher Education institutions.
The program promotes mobility actions in Europe and internationally for students (during their studies or their internships), teaching staff, as well as all academic staff from Higher Education institutions. It also promotes partnership actions through cooperation projects, alliances of knowledge or capacity building projects and joint masters. At the university, these projects are managed by the European Project Management Office of the International Relations Department.