Organization, governance and bodies of the university
The University of Montpellier is an experimental public institution (EPE), with legal personality and educational, scientific, administrative and financial autonomy.
Headed by a president elected by the Board of Directors, it is made up of governance bodies, components, departments and central services.
The University determines its educational and scientific policy within the framework of its regulations and contractual commitments.
The President : Philippe Augé
Philippe Augé, 55, is a professor of public law, specializing in tax law, tax procedures and public finance.
President of the University of Montpellier 1 from 2009 to 2014, he led the merger of two universities to recreate, on January 1, 2015, the University of Montpellier (UM), of which he was elected president, then re-elected in 2019. The University of Montpellier was awarded the I-SITE label in 2017 with the "Montpellier University of Excellence" project around three societal issues: Nourish - Care - Protect.
The perpetuation of this program of excellence comes in March 2022, a few months after the university becomes an experimental public institution and Philippe Augé is re-elected for a 4-year term.
- Re-elections to the Presidency of the University of Montpellier (January 2019, January 2022),
- Election to the presidency of the University of Montpellier (January 2015),
- Election to the head of the PRES Sud de France (January 2012 - December 2014),
- President of the Legal Commission of the CPU (2012-2014)
- Re-election to the presidency of UM1 (March 2012),
- Election to the presidency of UM1 (March 2009),
- Vice-President of the Board of Directors of the University of Montpellier 1 (April 2004 - March 2009),
- Director of the Service Communitaire d'Information, d'Orientation et d'Insertion Professionnelle (SCUIO-IP) (2002 - April 2009),
- President of the National Conference of SCUIO-IP Directors (July 2007 to June 2009),
- Director of the DESS and then of the Professional Master of Public Financial Law (2003 - 2006),
- Member of the National Council of Universities - 2nd section: Public Law (October 2005 - December 2008),
- Director of Studies at IPAG (2002-2007),
- Vice Dean of the Faculty of Law (2001-2003),
- Deputy Director of the Institute of Overseas Law (IDOM) (1999 - 2005),
- Member of the Centre de Recherches et d'Etudes Administratives de Montpellier (CREAM) since
- DEA in Public Law (1990),
- Doctor in Public Law (1997),
- Habilitation to direct research (2007),
- Lecturer in Public Law (1997),
- University Professor of Public Law (2009).
Honours and Awards:
- Knight of the Legion of Honor,
- Knight in the National Order of Merit,
- Commander in the Order of Academic Palms.
Vice President of the Board of Directors: Alexandre Vernhet
Alexandre Vernhet is an associate professor at the Montpellier Management Institute (MOMA) and a member of Montpellier Research Management (MRM). He is a specialist in audit, control and finance.
Director of ISEM - Institut des Sciences de l'Entreprise et du Management from 2013 to 2017, which has since become Montpellier Management, he was previously Vice President for Internal and Management Controls at the University of Montpellier, a position he held for two previous terms (2015, re-elected in 2019 and 2022).
Member of the Montpellier-I board of directors from 2008 to 2015, he was entrusted with the position of "Sifac deployment" project manager (2009-2010), and then "management control implementation" project manager (2009-2012).
Member of the project committee, the steering committee and the strategic committee of the merger between the University of Montpellier-I and the University of Montpellier-II, he has been a member of the board of directors of the University of Montpellier since the merger.
Alexandre Vernhet began his career in an accounting firm, first as an associate and then as a manager (1987-1989). He then took over the management of an accounting firm (1989-1993), before becoming administrative and financial director (1993-1995). In 2000, he joined ISEM as an associate professor of economics and management. Two years later, he became a member of the ISEM Board of Directors.
- Master's degree in accounting and financial sciences and techniques - University of Montpellier 1984
- Master's degree in private law - University of Montpellier 1984
- Diploma of Specialized Higher Studies, Business Law, University of Montpellier 1985
- Diploma of Corporate Counsel, DJCE - University of Montpellier 1985
- Superior Certificate in Taxation, University of Montpellier 1985
- Diploma of Superior Accounting and Financial Studies - first application - 1986
- External competition AGREGATION Economics Management, option B : Accounting and Financial Techniques - first application 1995
- External competition CAPET Economics Management, option B : Accounting and Financial Techniques - first application 1995
- Officer in the Order of the Academic Palms 2017
Teachings - courses :
- Audit and statutory auditors
- Internal control
- Management control - Management accounting
- Financial accounting
- Books and chapters of educational books:
- Auge B., Georgescu I., Naro G., Vernhet A. (2018). "Hospitals and universities in the age of reporting".
- In Giordano-Spring S., Naro G. (Eds.), Reporting, Innovations et Société, Editions EMS, Paris, p. 179-212.
- Barreda M., Georgescu I., Auge B., Vernhet A. (2018), "Des illusions et désillusions de la mesure : le cas du secteur hospitalier", in Comment la comptabilité transforme le monde. , EMS, Paris, p
- Auge B., De Mongolfier C. and Vernhet A., " La cyclosportive à la lecture des leviers de contrôle de Robert Simons " in Les systèmes de gestion entre simplification et complexification (mélange en l'honneur du Pr Y. Dupuy), coordinated by Naro
- National and international communications in conferences with selection committee:
- Augé B., Casanova J., Naro G. and Vernhet A. (2018), "Control of Professional Sports Clubs, Using the Control Levers of Robert SIMONS: Examples from Professional Rugby Clubs", The 26th European Sport Management Conference, 5-8 September 2018, Malmö, Sweden.
Director General of Services: Bruno Fabre
Bruno Fabre, 50, is a professor of management sciences and a specialist in finance.
Previously, he served as vice president of the University of Montpellier's Board of Trustees in 2015, was re-elected on January 7, 2019, and was delegated vice president in charge of the budget, administrative and technical personnel, and real estate at the University of Montpellier 2 (2012-2015).
- 2022: appointed Director General of Services at the University of Montpellier
- 2019: re-elected vice chair of the UM Board of Trustees
- 2018: appointed provisional administrator of the Faculty of Law and Political Science
- 2016: appointed provisional administrator of the Institut Montpellier Management (MOMA), which resulted from the merger between ISEM and the Faculty of AES
- 2015 : elected vice-president of the UM Board of Directors
- 2012 : elected vice-president of the UM2 in charge of the budget, administrative and technical personnel and real estate
- 2009 : elected to the board of the Institute of Business Administration of Montpellier
- 2008 : elected to the Board of Directors of the University of Montpellier 2
- 2007 : appointed provisional administrator of the IUT of Béziers which has become autonomous
- 2002 : elected to the management of the department of business and administration management (GEA) of the IUT of Montpellier-Sète
- 2009: Associate Professor in Management Sciences
- 1999 : doctorate in management science
- 1996 : agrégé in economics and management (agrégation des lycées)
- 1995 : DEA in management sciences
Deputy Directors General and Administrators of National Education and Higher Education
Deputy Director General of Services in charge of resources and management
Deputy Director General of Services in charge of training and student and institutional life
Deputy Director General of Services in charge of real estate, logistics and health and safety
Jacques Mercier, Vice-President in charge of research
University Professor - hospital practitioner at the Faculty of Medicine of the UM. He was director of the Physiology and Experimental Medicine of the Heart and Muscles laboratory (UM, INSERM, CNRS) and heads the Department of Clinical Physiology at Montpellier University Hospital. Elected vice president for research at the University of Montpellier in 2015, he was re-elected on January 21, 2019. Previously, he was vice president of the scientific council of the University of Montpellier 1 (2009 - 2015).
Agnès Fichard-Carroll, Vice-President in charge of training and university life
Professor at the Faculty of Science, member of the Institute of Neuroscience of Montpellier (University of Montpellier, INSERM). A specialist in neuroscience, she has been teaching in Montpellier since 2001. Agnès Fichard-Carroll was the vice-president delegated to social responsibility at the University of Montpellier from 2015 to 2021. She has been in charge of the institution's gender equality mission since 2015, a mission she was already in charge of when she was vice-president delegate for social and cultural action at Montpellier 2 University from 2013 to 2015.
Amal Qobaa, Student Vice President
Student in 3rd year of Microbiology degree at the Faculty of Sciences.
Julie Boiché, Vice President, Social Responsibility
Lecturer at the STAPS University, Euromov Digital Health in Motion (University of Montpellier, IMT Mines Alès)
François Pierrot, Vice President in charge of International Relations
Director of Research CNRS, Laboratory of Computer Science, Robotics and Microelectronics of Montpellier (LIRMM - UM/CNRS)
Philippe Combette, Vice-President in charge of partnerships and innovation
University Professor at the IUT Montpellier-Sète and Director of the IES - Institute of Electronics and Systems (University of Montpellier - CNRS)
Frédérique Carcaillet, Vice President for Environmental Issues
Lecturer at the Faculty of Sciences, MARBEC (University of Montpellier, IRD, Ifremer, CNRS)
David Cassagne, Vice President for Digital Training
Professor at the Faculty of Science, member of the Charles Coulomb Laboratory (University of Montpellier, CNRS)
Alain Hoffmann, Vice President, Simplification of Teaching Processes and Tools
University Professor, Faculty of Science, IES (University of Montpellier, CNRS)
Thierry Lavabre-Bertrand, vice-president in charge of historical heritage
University Professor - Hospital Practitioner, Faculty of Medicine, CHU of Nîmes, Director of the Jardin des Plantes, member of the Max Mousseron Institute of Biomolecules (University of Montpellier, CNRS, ENSCM)
Anne Laurent, Vice President for Open Science and Research Data
Professor at Polytech, member of the Laboratory of Computer Science, Robotics and Microelectronics of Montpellier (University of Montpellier, CNRS)
Bernard Maurin, vice-president in charge of real estate
University Professor, University Institute of Technology of Nîmes, member of the Mechanics and Civil Engineering Laboratory (University of Montpellier, CNRS)
Isabelle Parrot, Vice President for Science-Society Relations
Lecturer at the Faculty of Science, member of the Max Mousseron Institute of Biomolecules (University of Montpellier, CNRS, ENSCM)
Marie-Christine Sordino, Vice President, Ethics and Professional Conduct
Professor at the Faculty of Law and Political Science, member of the Dynamiques du droit laboratory (University of Montpellier, CNRS)