practice a sport activity
The University of Montpellier offers a multitude of physical activities among which you will find the one that suits you.
How to register?
Registration is year-round!
If you are a student of the University of Montpellier and you have paid the CVEC :
You must register at the SUAPS office and bring a medical certificate of "no contraindication to the practice of sports" for the current academic year and if necessary of "no contraindication to competition" and your student card on which you will be given the SUAPS sticker giving you access to activities and certain infrastructures.
If you have not paid the CVEC (only those in continuing education): contact SUAPS by e-mail.
What sports activity?
Practice 40 activities:
- team sports: basketball, soccer, futsal, handball, rugby, volleyball;
- combat sports: English boxing, French boxing, judo, karate, capoeira, kick boxing;
- physical maintenance: fitness, gymnastics, weight training, yoga, step, pilates, physical condition, muscular reinforcement;
- dance: modern jazz dance, rock'n'roll dance, salsa dance, zumba, classical dance, lindy hop, jazz solo, Latin dance;
- aquatic sports: swimming ;
- racket sports: badminton, tennis, table tennis, padel;
- other sports: athletics, climbing;
- new: cross-training, relaxation and dynamic yoga.
And all year long, SUAPS organizes events: scuba diving, road biking, cliff climbing, cross-country skiing and much more...
Option and optional sports UE
Earn points on your grade point average.
Several components of the University of Montpellier offer you the possibility of integrating sports into your university curriculum. You should check that the chosen activity is compatible with your schedule (place, day, time).
Knowing that you have to do 10 consecutive sessions over a semester.
How to do it?
- To find out more and register with my school;
- pick up my MANDATORY attendance card at the SUAPS office with a photo and a medical certificate of no contraindication to the practice of sport.
Optional sport option
Each educational component determines the number of points awarded to the Sport option on the overall average.
The sports proposed for these options and UE and the timetable are downloadable in the SUAPS program. The options and UE are identifiable through the names of the "evaluating" teachers.
Three evaluation criteria were selected:
- investment ;
- progress made ;
- the level reached.
To practice the option or the EU, registration at SUAPS is not mandatory. However, you must present a medical certificate of no contraindication to the practice of sport to one of the SUAPS offices. As a reminder, the option or the UE alone gives you controlled access to a maximum of 10 sessions. Only the registration to SUAPS gives you the possibility to practice all the activities.
High level sportsman
Do you want to apply for high-level sports status?
The University of Montpellier wishes to provide high-level athletes with the necessary means to pursue their university studies.
To be eligible for the status of high-level athlete you must :
- or be registered on the ministerial lists;
- or be in a French center or in agreement with a training center;
- or meet the criteria of this downloadable list.
The status of high-level athlete gives access to study and/or examination accommodations. These accommodations are the responsibility of each component.
When registering at the University of Montpellier, athletes wishing to obtain the status of high-level student athlete must apply online on the University of Montpellier website and submit the supporting documents, along with the answers to the questionnaire, to the SUAPS office in Pharmacy.
Completed applications will be examined by the University's high-level sports commission, which will award the status of high-level sports student. Please note that incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Online registration start date: Monday, July 4, 2022
- Deadline for online registration: Thursday, September 08, 2022
- Deadline for submission of supporting documents to SUAPS: Thursday, September 8, 2022
- Committee date: Thursday, September 22, 2022, 9-11 a.m.
- Online registration start date: Monday, September 12, 2022
- Deadline for online registration: Thursday, October 06, 2022
- Deadline for submission of supporting documents to SUAPS: Thursday, October 6, 2022
- Committee date: Thursday, October 20, 2022, 9-11 a.m.
- Online registration start date: Monday, November 21, 2022
- Deadline for online registration: Monday 05 December 2022
- Deadline for submission of supporting documents to SUAPS: Monday, December 5, 2022
- Date of the commission : Friday 09 December 2022
Practice a sport in competition
The University of Montpellier Sports Association (ASUM) participates in university and inter-university sports competitions organized by the French Federation of University Sports (FFSU).
- Promote student participation in academic competitions;
- represent the University of Montpellier in university competitions.
The ASUM can contribute to the travel expenses of FFSU students in university competitions:
- reimbursement procedure;
- operating procedures;
- standard estimate to be transmittedbefore the tripat the ASUM Treasurer :
French Federation of University Sports (FFSU)
FFSU organizes academic level competitions in all individual and team sports and trains you for free as a referee. Sports competitions open to students:
- Academy championships ;
- French championships ;
- international meetings.
How to participate?
You wish to participate in University competitions? For that you must have a FFSU multi-sport license. To obtain it click here.
Please note that registration is subject to acceptance on Parcoursup.
Judo training and education center
Possibility of obtaining high level status
- schooling accommodation;
- Valuation of sports practice in the curriculum;
- supervision, participation and support during the FFSU championships;
- possibility of training every evening, physical and mental preparation and specific follow-up.
In the STAPS field:
- mention Education motricité: become a certified or associate PE teacher, but also a school teacher;
- mention Sports training: become a physical trainer, coach, trainer. In Montpellier, the federal conventions will allow you to enrich your CV with numerous complementary diplomas (BF1&2 Weightlifting, BF1&2 Athletic strength, Bodybuilding, Functional training, fitness, kettle bell - MNS ...).
For these 2 courses, under condition, you can benefit from the STAPS-FFjudo convention and become a judo teacher in a club;
- APA mention: become a professional in adapted physical activity, specializing in sports practice for adapted populations;
- MS mention: organize large-scale sports events, become a specialist in communication and development of sports structures.
The UFR STAPS is also a dozen University Diplomas to follow in initial or continuing education.