Studying at Montpellier University
Ukrainian students wishing to come to Montpellier :
Welcome Desk - University of Montpellier
You are a credit mobility student
If you are a student on an exchange program and would like to spend time or do an internship at the University of Montpellier (Erasmus+ program, bilateral exchange, BCI program, etc.).
Every year, the University of Montpellier welcomes a large number of students under the Erasmus + program. To participate in this program, you must be selected by your home university. Contact the international relations office of the component in your field of study, which will inform you about the specific terms and conditions of your mobility: accommodation in university halls of residence, academic calendar, study contract, etc.
INTER-UNIVERSITY partnership agreements
The University of Montpellier has signed partnership agreements with universities all over the world.
Under these agreements, you can spend a semester or two in one of our training departments.
You must :
- be registered at your home university;
- your application will be announced by your home university's international relations department to the international relations office of your faculty or department;
- subscribe to French student social security except on presentation of the European Health Insurance Card or the France-Quebec SE401-Q106 form.
Program benefits :
- exemption from tuition fees at the host university ;
- recognition of your studies at the University of Montpellier by your home university.
AS PART OF BCI
The University of Montpellier takes part in the BCI student exchange program.
To participate in this program you must :
- Be registered at your home university;
- Successfully complete two years of study (L2);
- To be able to cover travel and accommodation costs;
- Be selected by your university ;
- Complete an educational contract with the professor in charge at your university and send it to the International Relations Department at the University of Montpellier.
Depending on the number of places available and the consistency of the study contract, the application may or may not be accepted. Accepted students will receive a letter of acceptance. The mobility period is one or two semesters.
Program benefits :
- Tuition fees waived at the University of Montpellier ;
- Recognition of your course of study at the University of Montpellier by your home university;
- Exemption from student social security coverage in France on presentation of the France-Québec SE401-Q106 form.
If you have any questions about admissions, equivalences, language tests, student cards or courses, please contact the International Relations Office in your department.
You are a student on a degree-granting mobility programme
Before preparing your arrival in France, please contact the Campus France office in your home country. If your country is on the list of Campus France countries, applications must be submitted to Campus France before you can consider enrolling at the University of Montpellier. You will find here the "Study in France" procedure for applying according to your level of study.
- List of Campus France countries
- Study in France" procedure
- e-international Welcome Desk online application
Your application has been accepted by the University of Montpellier after the Etudes en France procedure, and you would like more information on how to register: please contact the school of your host university.
Tuition fees for a bachelor's degree are 170 euros for a full academic year, 243 euros for a Master's degree, 601 euros for an engineering degree in an establishment under the supervision of the Ministry of Higher Education, and 380 euros for a Doctorate.
Courses that interest you
We recommend that you take a look at our range of courses to find out which faculties and courses are best suited to your needs.
French as a foreign language
What level of French? DELF, DALF
Please contact your host university to find out what level of French you need to have, whether certification or other.
Scholarships and financial aid
For information on scholarships and financial aid for international students, please consult the dedicated Campus France page.
If you haven't found the answer to your question, please send us an e-mail to Welcome Desk.
Your life in Montpellier
Residence permit (non-EU citizens)
To obtain your residence permit, visit the ANEF (Administration Numérique pour les Étrangers en France) online platform for international students.
- If you'd like some guidance, visit the SAIEC website.
ORIENTATION ON ARRIVAL IN MONTPELLIER
- Short-stay accommodation: CROUS page dedicated to short and medium-stay accommodation
- Other complementary tracks:
Here are some additional ways to find accommodation in Montpellier using the CROUS service:
- Lokaviz accommodation (CROUS)
- Facebook page MONTPELLIER : Apartment rental, flat sharing
- United Youth Hostel Federation
- Research Roommate
- La Carte des Colocs
- 40+ flatshare
- Student Residence
- iBuddy coliving
- Intergenerational collocation
- Studying French as a foreign language: to study French at a university in Montpellier, we advise you to contactthe IEFE at the Université Paul Valéry or the Centre de Langue CIHEAM-IAMM.
- Equivalence of studies: Contact the school of your component/faculty.
- University scholarships: For information on financial aid for international students, please consult the Campus France page.
- Service civique : Etudiants internationaux éligibles au service civique à condition : < 25 ans et visa “long séjour temporaire, mention étudiant”. Vous trouverez des informations supplémentaires sur service-civique.gouv.fr.
We can help you with all the administrative formalities when you arrive at the UM (registration, student card, integration, etc.). Contact your host department.
We also provide information on digital management media at the UM:
- Digital Working Environment (ENT)
- Be sure to validate your IT passport beforehand to gain access to the digital environment.
- Moodle: timetable, courses, exam registration forms, etc.
- E-mail address étudiante @etu-montpellier.fr
STUDY FINANCING AND CAREER GUIDANCE
Student activities at the UM
Discover the sports and cultural activities available to UM students:
- University Physical and Sports Activities Department (SUAPS)
- Foreign language courses
- Documentation areas and university libraries
- University historical heritage
- Student Life Office (BVE)
- Campus Life Department (DVC)
- Student associations and social actions
- Spaces available to students:
In conjunction with UM
Online visa application on France-visas
International students can apply for their visa online at France-Visas. Video tutorials guide students through the process: creating an account, applying online, scanning documents.
Residence permit and/or student sponsorship
- Orientation on arrival from Montpellier
- Service Accueil International Étudiants - Chercheurs provides information on all the steps to take before and after your arrival in Montpellier.
Student social security
Contribution Vie Étudiante et de Campus (Student and Campus Life Contribution ): compulsory when enrolling in higher education.
Application for scholarships and/or housing
- Housing information & scholarships
- Crous de Montpellier: support for higher education students in compiling the dossier social étudiant (DSE) for all housing and/or grant applications
- Campus Bourses: the essential tool for seeking funding. Service only for scholarship holders managed by Campus France
- Service Visale Campus France: free rental deposit for students
SOCIAL SECURITY IN FRANCE
- Caisse d'Allocation Familiale de Montpellier: housing assistance & exceptional assistance.
- Caisse Primaire d'Assurance Maladie de l'Hérault: Health insurance in France.
- Everything you need to know about health insurance before arriving in France
- How does the French health insurance system work?
Health Insurance toolbox (French, English, Spanish, Arabic and Mandarin)
Cultural news from the city of Montpellier
Get your Pass Métropole card so you don't miss out on any "good deals" on sports, culture or leisure.